Applied Clinical Research (M.S.)
Demand for skilled clinical research professionals is high and growing — spurred on by the growing health care industry, new product development and increasing demands for medical evidence by patients, practitioners and payers.
Why clinical research?
- Senior clinical research associate is the No. 1 high paying, flexible job on the Forbes list for 2016
- Clinical research professionals provide sound, scientific evidence about how a medical product performs in humans and ensure research is conducted ethically and lawfully.
- Well-designed, properly-executed clinical trials keys to success for most medical device companies and are critical to making safe and effective medical products.
- Clinical research is an exciting, rewarding and in-demand profession.
Clinical research professionals work in the medical device, biotech and pharmaceutical industries, in hospitals and clinics, at consulting organizations, in government and academia throughout the world.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul is the top U.S. city for medtech innovation
- 22% of employees in the greater Twin Cities area work in the medtech sector
- Medtech employees earn on average 40% more than their counterparts in other industries
- 600+ life science and medical companies operate in Minnesota — including Medtronic, Boston Scientific, 3M, Abbott, Bayer INterventional Solutions
Medtech profession news
Find your place in the Medtech industry
Each year the College of Science and Engineering holds a career fair for students in its Medtech master degree programs. Almost 20 medtech industry companies, including the seven largest medical device companies in Minnesota, participated in the 2016 event.
This represents more than two-thirds of the medical device employment in Minnesota.
Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA)