As an Applied Clinical Research student you will receive the necessary knowledge and skills to design, conduct and evaluate human clinical trials of medical devices. You will learn how medical device products affect the human body, how new products are developed and brought to market and how to design and conduct ethical and scientific medical research.
Upon completion of this program, you will have the knowledge and competencies industry executives identify as essential to the successful clinical research leader including the science of medical research, medical product regulations, research ethics, study management and operations and risk management as well as effective communication and leadership.
- All courses are taught by industry experts with practical and leadership experience using real world examples and projects.
- Masters of Science degrees available as both a full-time and a part-time program.
- Graduate certificate option available.
- More than 75 percent of instructors are executive/senior management-level industry leaders. The remainder are seasoned managers and technical experts with 15-30 years of experience.
- Offered at St. Cloud State at Plymouth.
- Classes are available online through a synchronous Adobe Connect Internet connection.
- Courses offered weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Cohort model beginning in the fall term.
- Medtech employees earn on average 40% more than their counterparts in other industries.
- Graduate assistantships available.
- Only clinical research program in the United States focused on medical devices.
- The industry's most senior and experienced executive leaders serve on the program's industry advisory council.
- The annual medtech networking and job fair is the largest of its kind featuring 15-20 medtech industry companies.
- Graduates have gone on to work at public and private medical device companies, contract research organizations and hospital systems as well as to further their own education.
- Recognized STEM graduate program.
- Clinical research associate
- Clinical research coordinator
- Site manager
- Study or trial manager/scientist/leader
- Clinical quality
- Preclinical research
- Post-market surveillance and outcomes research