Students who choose a pre-chiropractic course of study prepare for entrance to schools that provide professional training in health care fields. You'll be encouraged to earn a biomedical science or other baccalaureate degree and to follow the pre-professional course requirements that include animal biology, chemistry, physics, psychology as well as humanities and social science electives. You'll work with a dedicated adviser to improve your chance of admission to your preferred professional degree program and to tailor your learning to match the program's requirements.
- Well-rounded program of natural sciences, humanities, human development, social sciences, statistics and medical terminology courses.
- Assigned faculty adviser assists with course selection and preparation for competitive admissions requirements of professional schools.
- Smart classrooms, technology-enhanced lecture halls and advanced laboratories in the updated Robert H. Wick Science Building, the center for most pre-professional programs.
- New anatomy and physiology suite in a remodeled Wick Science Building is open weekdays.
- A Human Performance Lab with advanced equipment and an international reputation of excellence.
- Opportunity to participate in field-based or laboratory-based faculty research on a short-term or long-term basis that may culminate in a published paper.
- High success rate in admission to professional schools.
- Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society.
- Emphasis on science and technology that includes completion of $45 million Integrated Science & Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF), $14.5-million addition to Robert H. Wick Science Building and $13.6-million renovation of Brown Hall completed within the past five years.
- Health-focused campus activities such as UChoose, Relay for Life and Students for Health.
- Medical Professions Association (MPA)
- Students for Health
- Student Health Action & Advisory Committee (SHAAC )
- Biology Club
- Chemistry Club
University Facts & Stats
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winners
- 31% increase in Honors Program enrollment in fall 2013
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 1 million hours of campus, community volunteer service
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking