You will gain in-depth knowledge and skills in your chosen discipline while being introduced to a breadth of topics at the cutting edge of biology.
You will have access to a variety of laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment. Our programs prepare students for career placement in academic research, industry, medical professions, natural resource management, teaching and more.
- Thesis students conduct individual research projects that are funded from a diverse set of internal and external sources with the guidance of a faculty advisor.
- The majority of thesis students earn assistantships to waive tuition and cover living expenses.
- Student research projects involve investigation into a variety of topics on the cutting-edge of Biology.
- Biology programs are supported by internationally-recognized faculty working on research projects funded by federal, state, local, non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- The Integrated Science and Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF) includes a suite of laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment that supports student research and public outreach and education.
- Biology research results in publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations at local, regional and international scientific meetings.
- A herbarium with a vascular plant collection especially strong in Central Minnesota counties' materials dating to the 1800s.
- National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and other state and federally-funded research projects.
- Medical professions
- Natural resource and wildlife manager
- Natural history researcher and educator
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies
St. Cloud State University