Students who study nursing will become registered nurses and health professionals who provide patient care of the mind, body and spirit. Your courses will include anatomy, microbiology, developmental psychology and sociology and will emphasize cultural training that will prepare you to work in contemporary health settings. You will learn how to promote wellness, advocate for patients and health programs, and you'll develop the critical-thinking skills to address the changing needs of patients and communities. The program will build your skills and the confidence to create proficient and effective of health care systems.
- Senior Capstone Experience immerses seniors applied learning through clinical partnerships across Minnesota.
- Emphasis on culturally appropriate patient care.
- Generic and registered nurse to bachelor of science in nursing programs accommodate careers at every level.
- Active Nursing Club creates opportunities to volunteer; attend conventions, raise funds and hear speakers on health care issues.
- Students learn procedures and equipment in the Human Patient Simulation Lab.
- Approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Education Abroad opportunity with Universidad de Concepción in Concepción, Chile, earned the 2013 Heiskell Award for Best Practices in International Partnerships.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Hospital Nurse
- Home Health/Public Health Nurse
- Occupational Health/Industrial Nurse
- Family Practice/Pediatric Nurse
- School Nurse
- Nurse Midwife
- Health Educator
University Facts & Stats
- Averaging 95% first-time pass rate on national nursing licensure exam
- 100% of nursing graduates employed
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- More than 600 student veterans and active military enrolled
Connect With Us
College of Health and Wellness Professions (facebook)