As a hospitality and tourism major you are preparing for a career in one of the world's largest and fastest growing industries. In preparation to manage tour companies, destinations and travel-related services, you'll practice working with airlines, event planners, tour operations, hotels and cruise lines to develop insight on arranging your own travel as well as corporate and group travel. You will be part of faculty tours to Europe, Asia and Africa, visit Minnesota's hot spots and examine the latest issues in a fast-growing industry. You'll put together a toolbox for a career that involves marketing, sales, travel, tourism and convention planning.
- Career development for a $2.1 trillion industry
- Internships that apply principles in the field while building industry contacts and networks.
- Seventy companies and agencies support St. Cloud State hospitality and tourism internships.
- Hospitality and Tourism Club offers networking and career development opportunities.
- Annual "Travel Career Day" brings insight of hospitality and tourism professionals to campus.
- More than 50 companies and agencies provide hands-on experience for our students through internships.
- Our students have worked with the Walt Disney College Program in Florida and the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation in North Dakota.
- Only Minnesota university to offer a 4-year bachelor of arts degree in hospitality and tourism.
- Walt Disney World, Mall of America and Minnesota Office of Tourism are familiar sources of internships.
- Hospitality and tourism faculty lead educational tours each year to settings such as Paris, London, Spain, Italy, Ghana and Australia.
- Notable alumnus: Ben Graves '96 is president of Graves Hospitality Corporation, which operates more than 100 hotels, restaurants and resorts.
- Travel Marketing and Sales
- Meeting/Convention Planning
- Group Travel
- Tourism Planning
- Corporate Travel
- Destination Management
- Sustainable Tourism Development
University Facts & Stats
- 94 percent of hospitality and tourism graduates employed
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 1,100+ international students
- A 2021 Military Friendly® Top 10 School designation
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"
Connect With Us
School of Public Affairs (facebook)