Students who pursue a minor in geographic information sciences will be ready to claim jobs in a global atmosphere where geographic knowledge is rapidly becoming more important to the interaction of humans with the environment. You'll learn to use the latest hardware and software and the newest research methods to build marketable skills in mapping, aerial photo, satellite image interpretation and Geographic Information Science (GIS).
- The latest software for GIS, including ESRI's ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine Suite, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Surfer and and Adobe Creative Suite (cartographic applications).
- Dedicated GIS laboratory with 27 computers and large monitors.
- Preparation for careers in public and private sectors and study in the country's leading graduate programs.
- 10 full-time faculty with expertise in GIS, travel and tourism, land surveying, cultural, physical and regional geography.
- Locale and population that offers a variety of natural features and a range of cultural experiences for field experiences.
- GIS Technician/Programmer/Analyst
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Lidar Analyst
- GeoDatabase Manager
- GeoSpatial Analyst
University Facts & Stats
- 94% of geography graduates employed
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- A 2021 Military Friendly® Top 10 School designation
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- More than 600 student veterans and active military enrolled
- $4.8 million HD TV broadcasting renovation