The Communication in Health Care Context Certificate provides students with an opportunity to develop communication-based knowledge and skills integral to competent and effective communication in patient/provider interactions in health care contexts.
- Develop proficiency in communication practices within diverse public and private arenas such as race, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic class
- Students will develop an understanding of current and future issues in health communication practices
- Core classes occur in smart classrooms in Riverview, the only campus building on the National Register of Historic Places
- Faculty with established and ongoing research on local and international issues.
- Communication Studies is one of the top 5 programs in degrees granted for 11 years
- Social Work
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Community Affairs Liaison
Connect With Us