Students who pursue a minor in Asian Pacific American studies focus on the social, historical, political and cultural experiences of the Asian Pacific American groups of the United States. Your courses will examine the key issues facing Asian Pacific American communities. You'll study their transnational movements, how they are represented in popular culture, the impact of gender roles and the contributions of people of Asian Pacific ancestry. You'll be encouraged to deepen your understanding through Education Abroad programs.
- Rich Education Abroad experiences available in China, Thailand, Laos and Malaysia.
- Opportunity for global and comparative studies of the Asian homelands with the overseas diaspora communities.
- Challenging analysis of the histories, racial experiences and contributions of Asian Pacific Americans.
- The university's 40-year relationship with Japan's Akita University is the longest international studies agreement at St. Cloud State.
- Award-winning annual Power in Diversity Leadership Conference empowers student and campus leaders to use leadership and mentoring skills for cultural change and social justice and has become a regional force for fostering inclusivity and improving access and retention of diverse campus community members.
- Diversity and Equity Award for Multicultural Student Services' 25-year-old Advanced Preparation Program (APP) from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
- Social Responsibility Student Organization
- Global Horizons Club
- Asian Students in Action
- International Relations Club/Global Issues
- Malaysian Students Association
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association
- Hmong Student Organization
- International Students Association
- JP Network
- Korean Students Association
- Vietnamese Student Association
- Social Worker
- Community Advocate
- Human Resources Officer
Connect With Us
Multicultural Student Services (facebook)