Parking & Transportation
Winter Parking Tips and Regulations
City of St. Cloud Regulations
- Odd/Even parking regulations are in effect each year from November 1st to April 1st.
- Odd/Even parking restrictions are in effect in many parts of St. Cloud from 1-7 a.m., regardless of how much snow is on the ground.
- Between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. on odd-numbered dates, residents must park on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses. On even-numbered dates, parking is allowed only on the odd-numbered side of the street.
- Vehicles parked before midnight should be parked in keeping with the rule that takes effect at 1 a.m. Improperly parked cars can be towed.
- In neighborhoods near St. Cloud State University, parking signs must be obeyed year-round.
- If a snow emergency is declared, vehicles must be removed immediately. Snow emergencies will be announced on the government access channel and the city’s website, www.ci.stcloud.mn.us.
Winter Parking and Vehicle Tips
- Never let your gas tank get more than half empty. Even with today’s gasoline, fuel lines can freeze up in extreme Minnesota cold weather.
- On particularly cold days, start you car and let it run for several minutes at least once every 6 hours. This prevents your battery and engine from getting too cold to start.
- If your car is prone to tough starting, a battery blanket may be a wise purchase. This foil and fabric blanket protects the battery from the full brunt of cold weather.
- Be aware if your vehicle has fuel injection. If it does, DO NOT pump the gas pedal when trying to start your vehicle. This will only flood the engine, making it harder to start.
Questions - please call the Public Safety Center at 320-308-3453