Department of Music
St. Cloud State Concert Choir in the Department of Music
Concert Choir is the University's large choral ensemble, committed to the exploration and performance of the finest choral repertoire from the 15th century to the present. This is a non-auditioned ensemble open to all students on campus. All members of the choir recognize the important role of the arts in their personal and professional development.
- Although this is not an auditioned ensemble, a voice placement hearing is required for entrance. One does not need to major in music to participate in concert choir. Simply register for MUSP 162 and follow the instructions for Choir Audition/Placement Hearing below.
Choir Auditions/Placement Hearings Fall 2023
To register for a Choir Placement Hearing follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Choir Placement Hearing Time
- Fill out the Student Information Form
- Come to the Choir Room in the Performing Arts Center (PA 127) at your assigned time.
It's recommended you register for a choral ensemble prior to your audition.
What is a Choir Placement Hearing?
- Most importantly, it is a chance for the choir faculty to meet you! We also will determine into which section (soprano, alto, tenor, bass) to place you.
- You can expect your placement hearing to include the following:
- a quick voice range check
- a short piece of music, such as "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" or "Happy Birthday"
- a few listening and pitch matching exercises
- a simple sight-reading exercise
For more information
Concert Choir meets from 12:30-1:45 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
This ensemble can be taken for course credit, MUSP 162/362; counts in LEP Goal Area 6; and is repeatable for credit.