Department of Music
St. Cloud State Chamber Singers in the Department of Music
Chamber Singers is a 16-member vocal jazz/a cappella ensemble specializing in contemporary vocal music. Auditions are required for this ensemble. All members of the choir recognize the important role of the arts in their personal and professional development.
Choir Auditions/Placement Hearings Fall 2022
To register for a Choir Placement Hearing follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Choir Placement Hearing Time
- Fill out the Student Information Form
It's recommended you register for a choral ensemble prior to your audition.
- Chamber Singers is open to any student on campus, regardless of major. Students will receive notification of their placement once auditions are completed. Please see audition requirements below.
What is a Choir Placement Hearing?
- Most importantly, it is a chance for the choir faculty to meet you! We also will determine into which section (soprano, alto, tenor, bass) to place you.
- You can expect your Choir Placement Hearing to include the following:
- a quick voice range check
- a short piece of music, such as "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" or "Happy Birthday"
- a few listening and pitch matching exercises
- a simple sight-reading exercise
For more information
Chamber Singers meet from 11:00 a.m.-12:50 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays.
This ensemble can be taken for course credit, MUSP 358; counts in LEP Goal Area 6; and is repeatable for credit.