If you are studying/traveling abroad you should consider making an appointment with one of the Medical Clinic providers to discuss various pre-travel vaccinations and health care concerns.
- Schedule your pre-travel exam at least 4-6 weeks before departure (to allow appropriate timing of vaccinations). Call 320-308-3193 or go to myhealthservices.stcloudstate.edu to schedule an appointment.
- When you have scheduled your appointment, go to myhealthservices.stcloudstate.edu and complete the questionnaire associated with your appointment.
- Check out the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website for information/requirements for your destinations at http://www.cdc.gov/travel/ so you can educate yourself about possible health concerns/alerts. Print this out and bring it to your appointment.
- Bring the following information with you to your appointment
- CDC information (from #3 above)
- Immunization Records
- Itinerary and activities
- List of current medications, if any
Note: We would advise you to contact your insurance carrier (contact the “customer service” phone number provided on the back of your insurance card) to inquire about coverage of vaccinations and visit.
Useful Travel Websites
US Department of State Travel Warnings and Consular Information
US CDC Travels' Health Home
WHO (World Health Organization) On-line International Travel and Health
CDC Travelers Health Hotline: 877-FYI-TRIP (394-8747)