The following placement testing tips will help you to improve your performance on your exam:
- Get plenty of sleep in the week before your test. If you are overtired, you will have poor concentration.
- Be sure to eat well as you prepare for the ACCUPLACER. Good nutrition allows for optimal performance.
- Arrive at the test center several minutes before your appointed time. This will help you get used to your surroundings and get settled before the test starts.
- Try to relax. Remember that your college or university is administering this test to help you. This means that you will be placed into courses that best fit your abilities..
- The ACCUPLACER is untimed, so take your time.
- The Biology is test is 60 minutes for 50 questions.
- The Chemistry exam time limit is 60 minutes.
- Pay attention to the instructions before you begin the test.
- If you are not sure of an answer to a question, start by eliminating the incorrect answers. Then make a guess from the remaining choices.
- Remember to answer every question and confirm your answer before you precede to the next question.
- Remember to bring a valid picture ID.