SHRM - CP and SCP
Our Human Resource Certification course prepares you to establish yourself as a globally recognized human resources expert who has earned the status of certified professional or senior certified professional.
The certifications open doors for advancement and signal to employers your advanced professional development. They reflect what human resources practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Our intensive, 36-hour course combines expert instruction with the 2016 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. The study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and builld your confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
Are you eligible for certification?
- an experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- the SHRM Learning System, the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- knowledge and understanding of behavioral competencies.
- a structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- networking opportunities.
- tuition reimbursement and up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs).
Certification also benefits employers/organizations by:
- demonstrating it has mastered HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- preparing your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- bringing new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- creating a common HR language that optimizes effectiveness.
- demonstrating a global view.
We examine the five modules of the comprehensive SHRM BoCK™.
- leadership & navigation
- ethical practice
- business acumen
- relationship management
- critical evaluation
- global & cultural effectiveness
- talent acquisition & retention
- employee engagement
- learning & development
- total rewards
- structure of the HR function
- organizational effectiveness & development
- workforce management
- employee relations
- technology & data
- HR in the global context
- diversity & inclusion
- risk management
- corporate social responsibility
- employment law & regulations (U.S. only)
- business & HR strategy
- 2016 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, which includes the learning modules in print and e-reader formats.
- Advanced online resources
5:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 6 - May 1, 2017;
- 12 sessions
- SCSU Welcome Center, 355 Fifth Ave. S, St. Cloud;
- $1,025. Save $50 by registering at least two week prior to the start of class.
9 a.m.-2 p.,m. Saturdays, Feb. 4-May 6, 2017;
- 9 sessions
- Alexandria Technical & Community College;
- $1,050. Save $50 by registering at least two week prior to the start of class.
Instructor: Collette Rubel, M.A., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Central Minnesota Society of Human Resources Management awards four $400 scholarships two times a year to the first four people who claim them. All scholarships have been claimed. Thank you, CMSHRM.
How to Pay
- Ask your employer about tuition reimbursement.
- Dislocated worker funds
- Check or credit card
- Our payment plan lets you spread your payments over three months. Once you've completed this process, fill out this paper registration form .
Tammy Anhalt-Warner, 320-308-4252