Community Service and Volunteer Opportunities
Service to others is an important part of a St. Cloud State education. Engaging with communities – local, regional or national – helps our students become active, valued members of society.
Whether it's organizing a neighborhood cleanup effort, helping out with the "Tis the Season" gift drive or participating in a Spring Break service trips, St. Cloud State students have many ways to create meaningful community relationships.
The Department of Campus Involvement is central to community engagement. Students can learn about local service opportunities and explore new ways to get involved and volunteer.
Here are some of the myriad ways students are getting involved:
- Check out a listing of more than 90 local agencies. Choose an agency and then contact its volunteer coordinator.
- Scan the Civic Engagement Service Bulletin.
- Join the Peer Education Program in our Gender Violence Resources Office.
- Join Husky Helpers, a student organization that promotes service opportunities.
- Volunteer Central Minnesota, a service of the United Way of Central Minnesota, matches your interests, skills and schedule with volunteer opportunities.