Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Meet the Team
Suite 310, Miller Center
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Ave. S.
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
La Vonne Cornell-Swanson
- Associate Provost for Faculty & Student Affairs
- The Associate Provost for Faculty & Student Affairs provides procedural oversight, leadership, and implementation of academic curriculum, programs, and policies as delegated by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, including faculty relations and student conflict resolution. The position serves as the Provost's designee on academic and student affairs committees, collaborates with offices on campus to assess and develop effective academic policies and procedures, and provides day-to-day management of the Office of the Provost.
Debra K. Japp
- Emeriti Faculty, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- B.A. 1979, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- M.A. 1986, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- Ph.D. 1989, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- Previously serving as Interim Director of CETL, Dr. Japp has transitioned into retirement while still assisting CETL in the completion of several projects.
- CETL Fellow for Belonging Mindset
- Assistant Professor
- Graduate Director
- Ph.D. in Student Affairs and Higher Education, Miami University in Ohio
- M.S. in Counseling and College Student Personnel, University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A. in Strategic Communication, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Dr. Ashlee's interest in academic belonging is rooted in her study of mindfulness and well-being. Her work aims to create an academic community that encourages students not only to perceive the information they are given but to have the freedom to add to it. In addition to acting as a Fellow of Belonging for CETL, Dr. Ashlee works within the College Counseling and Student Development master's program. Previous to this involvement, Dr. Ashlee worked in student affairs and higher education for more than a decade in a variety of functional areas including service-learning, multicultural affairs, international education, and social justice education.
Research interests: Critical autoethnography as healing and liberatory methodology, poststructural possibilities for student affairs praxis, and the racialized experiences of underrepresented Asian Americans in higher education (specifically transracial adoptees and Hmong Americans).
- CETL Fellow for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Associate Professor
- CCC-SLP, Licensures: Minnesota Department of Health (SLP); Minnesota Department of Education (SLP, PreK-12)
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology, 2007, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- M.A. Speech Language Pathology, 1991, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Office Administrative Specialist