Currently, this program is not accepting applications.
Students who major in technology management will become leaders in the development and expansion of industry and the force behind the roads and transportation systems, community development and business growth that results. You'll build skills in computer-aided design, construction technology, electrical and mechanical systems and manufacturing processes. You'll practice your craft in laboratories and learning centers with the latest equipment used in the industry. Your work will be directed by faculty members with a global perspective. Internships and field research will connect you to real world opportunities. You'll learn how to bring together industry and the environment.
- Bachelor of science offered in:
- Courses foster an understanding of connections between science, technology, society and the environment.
- Class work and fieldwork teach how to solve environmental and technological problems.
- Advanced technology for hands-on learning in an array of Headley Hall laboratories.
- Diverse faculty who demonstrate leadership in professional organizations at local, state, national and international levels.
- Active student organizations that network with professionals and advance environmental principles.
- On-campus centers for Environmental Modeling, Construction, Environmental Soils, Manufacturing, Product Design, Flexible Manufacturing and Transportation/Energy.
- Faculty expertise in energy technology, third world development, watersheds, construction technology, graphics, design and materials science.
- Co-host of the annual Global Social Responsibility Conference.
- Faculty are mentors and trainers for Minnesota Project Lead the Way, a program that provides innovative science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education programs for K-12 schools.
- Plant Manager
- Contractor/Construction Manager
- Building and Code Inspector
- Municipal Contracts Manager
- Green Building Consultant
- Contract Administration/Estimator
- Industrial Designer
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of technology management graduates employed
- Commitment to carbon neutrality by 2035
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 1,100+ international students
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"
Connect With Us
College of Science and Engineering