NOT CURRENTLY TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION
Students who pursue a Health Administration Certificate are preparing for work in one of the fastest-growing employment fields. Through our program, you'll prepare to take the license examination needed to manage a long-term care facility at a time when health care workers are in great demand due to the aging baby boomer generation. You'll acquire the mix of business tools and knowledge of medical services necessary to manage and coordinate work in settings such as clinics and care facilities.
- Courses include organizational management, nursing facility services, managerial accounting, regulatory management, information uses, human resources and gerontology.
- Courses can be taken as part of a bachelor's degree program, at the graduate level or strictly to meet board requirements.
- Periodically, courses are offered for evening enrollment
- Practicum course puts principles and theories into practice in a community setting.
- Courses may be taken as part of a bachelor’s degree program or strictly to meet board requirements.
- Courses may be taken at the graduate level.
- Complements the school's graduate certificate program in gerontology
- Long-term care facility manager
- Medical and health-services manager
- Medical records manager
- Manager of health-related state or national organizations
- Positions in local, state or federal health agencies
- Training and development manager
University Facts & Stats
- 60 graduate and 2 doctoral programs
- More than 600 student veterans and active military enrolled
- 19 teams compete in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC)
- $4.8 million HD TV broadcasting renovation
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants