You will study feminist leadership skills, practices, and theories to develop your own leadership style, voice, and purpose informed by feminist leadership practices. In this certificate program, you will cultivate a strong knowledge base in feminist leadership principles as you engage in self-reflection and sociopolitical analysis. You will learn to collaborate in diverse communities and apply your feminist leadership in a variety of contexts and social issues. You can earn this as a free-standing certificate or as part of a Gender & Women's Studies major or minor.
- Available both face-to-face and online
- Situated in a global feminist framework that understands gender in its relationship to many intersectional identities
- Connect with feminist leaders in professional fields and social contexts
- Enhances many fields and career paths
- Three-week summer Education Abroad program titled "Women, culture and development in Tanzania" allows students to build first-hand knowledge of the impact of gender, culture and globalization on people (particularly women) in Tanzania and Third World countries.
- Unique fundraising and community service opportunity in connection with a NGATHA International orphanage in Kenya.
- Embodied and mindfulness opportunities to deepen your leadership practice.
- Vibrant and engaged feminist community.
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Science and Engineering
- Social Work
- Public Health
University Facts & Stats
- St. Cloud State Women's Center — advancing and promoting gender equity for 30+ years
- The LGBT Resource Center Lending Library offers access to offers 800+ books, periodicals and videos
- 1,100+ international students
- 1 million hours of campus, community volunteer service
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"
Connect With Us
Gender & Women's Studies