Intensive English Center
- Students must pay tuition before they are tested, receive books, or attend class.
- Students must attend class, complete homework, and go to assigned meetings with teachers. Students follow the rules and policies on class syllabus.
- Students in the IEC may not work on campus or off. No exceptions.
- Placement into a Level in the IEC classes is the responsibility of the IEC Director, Staff, and Teachers. Our purpose in placing students in a particular level is provide students with appropriate English language instruction that will challenge students to develop the necessary academic English language skills for admission into SCSU.
- Students must successfully complete Level 4 with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher for conditional admission to SCSU as an undergraduate student. (Know what your I-20 is for, Language Study Only or Conditional Admission)
- Students must successfully complete Level 5 with a GPA of 3.5 or higher for conditional admission to SCSU as a graduate student. (Know what your I-20 is for, Language Study Only or Conditional Admission)
- Check your SCSU email daily. Email is the official source of communication at SCSU.
- Students are responsible for any materials (books, computers, etc.) checked out of the library (Miller Center).
- Students must complete their immunization form and report to the Medical Clinic for a tuberculosis (TB) screening during their first semester in the IEC.
- Students are responsible for updating their personal information online using SCSU eservices.
- Students who live in the dormitory or on campus must comply with the terms of the
- Students must comply with the St. Cloud State University Student Code of Community Standards.
- As of August 1, 2012, St. Cloud State University became a tobacco-free campus. This means you cannot smoke anywhere on university property, including behind Ruby Cora Webster Hall, in the residence halls, or anywhere on campus.