Currently, this program is not accepting applications.
The Social Responsibility program offers you an interdisciplinary experience in social justice, community activism and egalitarian social change. Built on the strengths of traditional academic disciplines in sociology, human relations and women's studies, the program provides you with intellectual experiences that enable you to explain the real world and engage in efforts to change it in egalitarian ways.
Through this program you will gain a well-round education that engages you in both academic inquiry and practice of social change informed by critical theoretical perspectives with courses in theory, research methods and other substantive areas. You will be prepared to go into the world of community action, work in non-governmental or governmental sectors, industry, non-profit, policy groups or pursue further education.
- Combines coursework from the human relations, women's studies and sociology departments.
- Can be completed by taking evening courses only.
- 3-5 graduate assistantships offered per year.
- Courses fulfill the educational human relations requirement for teacher licensure in the state of Minnesota.
- The annual Global Goes Local Conference on campus showcases student organization workshops, films and guest speakers on topics connected to social responsibility.
- Faculty member Mumbi Mwangi was chosen as a 2014 Carnegie African Diaspora Fellow.
- Community action
- Non-governmental/governmental sectors
- Non-profit sector
- Policy groups
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (twitter)