As a student of History, you'll learn to objectively analyze the past and apply your knowledge in a variety of contexts. You will choose from courses that deal with many of the world's civilizations, nations and peoples. You will focus on teaching, researching and writing. You will choose between a Master of Art or a Master of Science depending on your career interests in the history field.
- Designed for both full- and part-time students.
- Graduate assistantships sponsored each year.
- Study abroad opportunities available.
- Graduates who seek a doctorate have been accepted to Ph.D. programs throughout the country.
- The Central Minnesota History Center on campus offers an array of political materials, local community history documents, individual family materials and an extensive oral history and photography collection that spans 13 counties.
- Established faculty hold Ph.D.s and are recognized by peers, publishers and experts for their research in their fields of study.
- History faculty have won more than 70 grants and awards including from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Minnesota Book Award, the Fulbright Foundation, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the McKnight Foundation.
- Community college instructor
- Middle school or high school history teacher
- Further study at a Ph.D. program
- Historical society
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (twitter)