As a student in Gerontology, you will develop the skills necessary to assume a professional leadership role in the delivery of service to older people. You will be learning in a program that brings together theory and practice in the field through classroom instruction, service-learning, internships and other experiential activities.
- Designed to accommodate both part-time and full-time students.
- Many service learning and internship opportunities available.
- Most classes feature a service learning option or requirement.
- The advance care planning facilitators certification class is co-taught with the Department of Nursing Science.
- Students become certified advanced care planning facilitators.
- Program offers a graduate certificate in gerontology.
- State-of-the-art experiential learning equipment including age-simulation suits, vision impairment goggles, and empathy lungs designed to enhance understanding of the physical, social, and cognitive changes that may accompany the diverse experiences of aging.
- Strong commitment to partnerships throughout the community.
- Member of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education.
- Graduates are in high demand with a more than 90 percent job placement rate for program graduates.
- Professor Rona Karasik was named a 2010 Distinguished Teacher by the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education.
- Housing specialist
- Home safety auditor
- Communal living coordinator
- Planning facilitator
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (twitter)