Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) (M.A., Licensure)
Students with a master’s degree in Teaching English as a Second Language work in school districts throughout Minnesota, the United States or across the world.
The TESL master’s program prepares current and future teachers for:
Careers in the United States in:
- Community and technical colleges
- Adult education
- Intensive English Programs
- Elementary and secondary schools
Teaching English as a foreign language careers internationally in:
- Colleges and universities
- English institutes
- International schools
The program also helps you prepare for teaching other second or foreign languages such as Chinese or Japanese in the United States or for Ph.D. programs in applied linguistics or related fields.
Resources to help you in your job search
United States positions
- For Minnesota K-12 and adult education ESL positions, check the St. Cloud State EdPost Listings.
- For K-12 positions through the United States, check the Minnesota College and University Career Services Association Career & Job Fairs board.
- For community college ESL positions, in the Minnesota State system, see the Minnesota State Job Opportunities board.
- For community colleges ESL positions throughout the United States, click on FACULTY, Liberal Arts, English as a Second Language at HigherEdJobs.
Government sponsored programs