College Counseling and Student Development (M.S.)
How to Apply
The College Counseling and Student Development Master of Science program admits a new cohort each fall semester. The priority application deadlines for Fall 2023 are Jan. 15 and March 15. After the priority deadline, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled.
- Apply online for graduate admission to St. Cloud State University
- $40 application fee
- Personal statement (Why are you interested in pursuing your master’s in College Counseling and Student Development?)
- Current resume
- Contact information for two people (1 professional, 1 academic, if possible) to upload letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts
- Additional requirements for international applicants
- English proficiency requirements
- After an initial review of applications by CCSD faculty, select candidates will be invited to participate in CCSD Interview Days (scheduled after each priority deadline in January and March; rolling dates thereafter)
- Priority offers for admission will be made in February and March
- Candidate priority admission and funding commitment deadline: April 15
Once an applicant has been admitted to the CCSD program, they will be provided with information about Graduate Assistantships (GA). Most GA placement happens late in the spring semester or over the summer prior to the start of the fall term. More information about GA opportunities at St. Cloud State can be found on the Graduate Admissions Graduate Assistantship webpage
Prospective students who miss the priority deadlines are encouraged to apply any time prior to August 1. Applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled.