As a student pursuing a Software Engineering degree, you will complete significant projects every semester building skills in communication, teamwork, critical thinking and professionalism. The program blends engineering principles, computing skills, project management and software construction supplying you with a comprehensive understanding of the field and preparing you for the workforce or future study.
The program helps you develop strong problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills. You will also be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies for game design, mobile and web applications development, big data analytics and software cybersecurity.
- The Software Engineering curriculum has been developed in collaboration with industry and evolves best technological practices.
- Utilizes a project-driven curriculum, establishing a new model for software engineering education.
- Software Engineering courses involve technologies, methodologies, paradigms and patterns.
- Software Engineering is offered face to face and online by the same faculty
- B.S. Software Engineering is the only program in the Minnesota State system.
- Faculty have terminal degrees as well as intensive professional experience in the field of Software Engineering.
- Computer Science Club
- Video Game Design Club
- Information Technology Club (ITSC)
- Math Club
University Facts & Stats
- 13,470 projected annual opening Software Developer/System Software jobs from 2012-2022
- $97,240 Median annual wage
- Ranked #2 Best Technology Jobs
- Ranked #2 Best STEM Jobs
- Software Analyst / System Analyst
- Software Architect / System Architect
- Systems Software / Software Applications
- Software Developer / Software Programmer