Students who major from this program will find themselves prepared to apply scientific and technological principles to analyze, design, implement, verify, deliver and maintain software systems for business and general computing applications. Students will start with theoretical and practical application courses. Later, they will explore in detail the life-cycle of software development with intensive experiential learning and hands-on. Finally, they will choose specialization courses such as Gaming and Visualization, Big Data Analytic, Mobile Application Development and IT Integration and Transformation.
- The Software Engineering curriculum has been developed in collaboration with industry and evolves best technological practices.
- Software Engineering courses involve technologies, methodologies, paradigms and patterns.
- Software Engineering is offered face to face and online by the same faculty
- B.S. Software Engineering is the only program in the Minnesota State system.
- Faculty have terminal degrees as well as intensive professional experience in the field of Software Engineering.
- Computer Science Club
- Video Game Design Club
- Information Technology Club (ITSC)
- Math Club
University Facts & Stats
- 13,470 projected annual opening Software Developer/System Software jobs from 2012-2022
- $97,240 Median annual wage
- Ranked #2 Best Technology Jobs
- Ranked #2 Best STEM Jobs
- Software Analyst / System Analyst
- Software Architect / System Architect
- Systems Software / Software Applications
- Software Developer / Software Programmer