As an information systems student you'll learn how to apply information technology to solve problems. Our students hone their analysis skills and train on the latest technology in computer programming, systems design, computer networking and security in order to find answers fast. Students graduate with a solid understanding of the link between business operations and computer information systems. They are trained for work in today's world of information systems and prepared to envision the systems of tomorrow.
- Experienced faculty excels in research, provides one-on-one help on new technologies and stays up-to-date on changes in the field.
- Students use emerging technologies such as SAP, Oracle 12c and multi-core computers.
- Hands-on training in computer programming and comprehensive projects in systems analysis and design, computer networking, security, database design and telecommunications set graduates apart.
- Both on-campus and off-campus IT internship provide paid, full-time or part-time work with academic credit for one or more semesters with a company or government agency.
- The only Minnesota State Colleges and Universities school to offer a graduate program in Information Assurance.
- Starting salaries for our graduates range from $50,000-$70,000, one of the highest in the university.
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Business School has been accredited for more than 35 years.
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of graduates employed
- Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Studies designated by NSA/DHS
- NSF-STEM and NSF-SFS Scholarship Grants totaling 4.6 million until 2020
- 60 graduate programs
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Information Technology/Systems Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Systems Architect
- Security Specialist
- Data Mining/Data Analyst
- Web Administrator