Students who choose a pre-pharmacy course of study complete 65-70 hours of courses in preparation for admission to a pharmacy school. You'll be an assigned faculty adviser to help you with course selection and preparation for the competitive admissions requirements. Through coursework and campus leadership opportunities, you'll develop the problem-solving and critical-thinking skills needed to increase your admission chances. You will learn from and collaborate with faculty who are distinguished in research fields such as diabetes, cancer treatments and anti-viral and anti-inflammatory agents. You'll practice on the modern equipment needed to substantiate scientific discoveries.
- Smart classrooms, technology-enhanced lecture halls and advanced laboratories for DNA sequencing and analysis, genetic analysis and histology research in the updated Robert H. Wick Science Building, the center for most pre-professional programs.
- Faculty members with diverse cultural background and experience
- Student research colloquium showcases student work and achievement
- New anatomy and physiology suite in a remodeled Wick Science Building.
- High success rate in admission to professional schools.
- Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society.
- National Science Foundation grants help provide a full range of instrumentation
- Emphasis on science and technology that includes completion of $45 million Integrated Science & Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF), $14.5-million addition to Robert H. Wick Science Building and $13.6-million renovation of Brown Hall completed within the past five years.
- Internationally recognized Human Performance Lab on campus does corporate research and athlete testing and operates community education and adult fitness programs.
- On campus activities such as UChoose, Relay for Life and Students for Health provide opportunities to promote healthful lifestyles.
- Pre-Pharmacy Club (RxC)
- Medical Professions Association (MPA)
- Students for Health
- Student Health Action & Advisory Committee (SHAAC )
- Chemistry Club
- Biology Club
University Facts & Stats
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winners
- 31% increase in Honors Program enrollment in fall 2013
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 1 of 139 schools nationwide earning JedCampus Seal for mental health and suicide prevention
- Tobacco-free campus since 2012
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Hospital pharmacology