Students who choose a pre-dental course of study will find ample preparation and assistance for completing the required baccalaureate degree and application for dental school. You'll be assigned a dedicated adviser to help you choose appropriate courses in areas of biology or biomedical science to pair with your core science courses. You'll be encouraged to complete drawing and studio sculpture courses to supplement your coursework. You'll find ample research opportunities. An advisory committee will help you prepare for the required entrance exams and interviews and arrange dental school visits.
- University's affordability, faculty oversight and class availability will be advantages in your baccalaureate preparation for dental school.
- Pre-Medicine Committee interviews pre-dental students near graduation to offer assessment of preparation for medical school and support and advice on application.
- New anatomy and physiology suite in a remodeled Wick Science Building.
- Smart classrooms, technology-enhanced lecture halls and advanced laboratories for DNA sequencing and analysis, genetic analysis and histology research in the updated Robert H. Wick Science Building, the center for most pre-professional programs.
- Student Research Colloquium showcases student work and achievement.
- Students encouraged to seek multiple job shadowing opportunities and to be open to volunteer service related to medicine and health.
- High success rate in admission to professional schools.
- Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society.
- National Science Foundation grants help provide a full range of instrumentation.
- On campus activities such as UChoose, Relay for Life and Students for Health provide opportunities to promote healthful lifestyles.
- Pre-Dental Club
- Medical Professions Association (MPA)
- Students for Health
- Student Health Action & Advisory Committee (SHAAC)
- Biology Club
- Chemistry Club
University Facts & Stats
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winners
- 31% increase in Honors Program enrollment in fall 2013
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 1 of 139 schools nationwide earning JedCampus Seal for mental health and suicide prevention
- Tobacco-free campus since 2012
- Dental hygienist