If you study geography at St. Cloud State University, be ready to travel, create maps, analyze satellite images, learn about diverse cultures, protect nature and create better communities at home and around the world. You'll study human geography, physical geography and cartography. You'll use the latest software and hardware to learn research methods and build marketable skills for the geographic information sciences. You'll be ready to claim jobs in a global atmosphere where geography is gaining relevance as the interaction of humans, the landscape and the environment intensifies.
- One of the most comprehensive geography programs in Minnesota.
- Preparation for careers in public and private sectors and study in the country's leading graduate programs.
- 10 full-time faculty with expertise in geographic information systems; travel and tourism; land surveying; and cultural, physical, and regional geography.
- Cutting-edge research facilities in geographic information systems, image processing and cartography.
- Locale and population that offers a variety of natural features and a range of cultural experiences for field experience.
- Select classes are available online.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Lab is equipped with 25 dual monitor work stations utilizing several of the most widely used GIS programs ESRI’s ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Civil 3D and Surfer.
- Accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Member of the North Central Association.
University Facts & Stats
- 94% of geography graduates employed
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- More than 600 student veterans and active military enrolled
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winners
- Land Developer
- Field Researcher
- Land-Use/Transportation Analyst
- GIS Technician/Analyst
- Zoning Inspector
- Environmental Analyst