The Division of Student Affairs provides inclusive, individualized care that empowers students to thrive.
Individualized Support & Advocacy
We value the needs, well-being, and success of every person in our community. We are committed to developing and delivering experiences that provide purposeful assistance, advocacy, and support
Equity & Inclusion
We believe that access and representation lead to equity. We are committed to ensuring that our policies, programs, services, and spaces are inclusive and accessible to all Huskies. We champion the promise of equity and justice in our community by removing barriers to access.
Community & Leadership
We recognize the uniqueness of each student and support their growth and development through meaningful involvement and leadership opportunities. We work to cultivate a community that offers space for every student to connect and contribute in a way that inspires and builds Husky pride.
Learning & Development
As educators, we understand that learning occurs both inside and outside the classroom. We facilitate a student-centered community that prioritizes the learning and development of the whole person so each Husky may reach their full potential. We encourage students to think critically, engage in new experiences, and consider multiple perspectives as they foster a sense of identity, resilience, and life purpose.
We affirm and model holistic wellness as an essential component for student success. We provide resources to care for physical and emotional well-being. We promote various forms of fun, play, and recreation as opportunities for students to engage, connect, relieve stress and develop lifelong self-care skills.
We model integrity for our students by holding ourselves accountable through collaboration, student-centered decision making, and transparent assessment to evaluate and improve the impact of our work.
Students who engage in Student Affairs programs, activities, and services will…
Improve Understanding of Self, Others, & Community
- Engage as global citizens by demonstrating a commitment to personal and social responsibility.
- Gain knowledge about themselves to build self-confidence, resilience, and worth.
- Increase their sense of belonging.
- Collaborate with others to acknowledge and appreciate diverse perspectives and experiences.
Cultivate Leadership Skills
- Recognize leadership as a process of continual growth.
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across systems and cultures.
- Embrace difference and empower self and others to create positive social change.
- Evaluate the impact of personal values and integrity within professional behavior.
Integrate and Apply Learning Experiences
- Engage in experiences that synthesize knowledge and practical skills.
- Recognize the value of lifelong learning and commit to on-going development.
Nurture Holistic Wellness
- Understand the impact of social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, physical, financial, educational, and environmental wellness on success.
- Develop advocacy skills to promote systemic change.