Students who choose a pre-mortuary science course of study follow a program that accumulates credits toward a bachelor of science degree in mortuary science. You'll complete your courses in English composition, general chemistry and biology, human anatomy and physiology, statistics, sociology, speech, psychology and accounting as well as appropriate electives. You'll be assigned a faculty adviser to help you with course selection and preparation for transfer. Through coursework, internships and campus leadership opportunities, you'll develop the problem-solving and critical-thinking skills needed to complete a degree for work in a challenging field.
- Follows the pre-mortuary program suggested by the University of Minnesota, where most students transfer. Credits apply toward the U of M's bachelor's degree in mortuary science.
- Undergraduate work at a public university reduces the overall cost of education in professional fields.
- Smart classrooms, technology-enhanced lecture halls and advanced laboratories for laboratory work and research in the updated Robert H. Wick Science Building, the center for most pre-professional programs.
- New anatomy and physiology suite in a remodeled Wick Science Building.
- Students encouraged to seek multiple job shadowing opportunities and to be open to volunteer service.
- High success rate in admission to professional schools.
- Chemistry program approved by the American Chemical Society.
- National Science Foundation grants help provide a full range of instrumentation.
- Emphasis on science and technology that includes completion of $45 million Integrated Science & Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF), $14.5-million addition to Robert H. Wick Science Building and $13.6-million renovation of Brown Hall completed within the past five years.
- Health-focused campus activities such as UChoose, Relay for Life and Students for Health.
- Medical Professions Association (MPA)
- Students for Health
- Student Health Action & Advisory Committee (SHAAC )
- Biology Club
- Chemistry Club
- Funeral/Burial Services manager
Connect With Us
College of Science and Engineering (facebook)
College of Health and Wellness Professions (facebook)
College of Science and Engineering (twitter)