EducationUSA Academy Connects
EducationUSA Academy Connects @ St. Cloud State University offer an online pre-college preparation program for international high school students
Included in the highest ranked public colleges and universities, and in the best undergraduate engineering program ranking in the 2021 Best Colleges Ranking, St. Cloud State University is the ideal institution where you can learn about American Culture and the American university system. Through this online program, you can get a head start on your college exploration and application by enhancing your writing.
- Meet and interact with international college students and faculty.
- Experience virtual visits to other universities.
- Gain knowledge about the American university system through workshops and panel discussions.
- Learn about Minnesota virtually.
Constructing your Personal Statement Essay
Develop and refine your personal statement for your college application
- Composition Class. Attend an academic skill building class with a focus on academic writing and personal essay writing strategies leading to the preparation of a strong draft of the “personal statement” to be used in university applications.
- International Student Panel Discussion. Learn from St. Cloud State International students about their personal and academic experiences in an American university.
- The Application Process and Choosing a Major. Understand information on the different types of applications used by universities and financial resources.
- Virtual Campus. Visit institutions such as the College of St. Benedict and St. John’s University (private, religiously affiliated universities) and other universities in the country.
- Overview of the American Higher Education System. Discover important facts that make the American university system unique.
- Life after College: Preparing for the future.Receive advice on how to develop professional skills to successfully land the dream job. Learn how to build a professional network.
- Introduction to Academic Options. Learn about different university academic program options combined with interactive discussions about opportunities at our institution.
- Closing Ceremony. Enjoy a Virtual Closing Ceremony where Program Certificates of Completion will be awarded.
- Use of Social Media. WhatsApp group accounts will be created for the sole purpose of sharing information about University and Academic Life between assigned International Students and program participants. SCSU staff will be the account administrators. Parental permission will be requested in the registration form.
- One-on-One Tutorial Access 24/7.
- English Proficiency requirement: minimum level B2 in CERF
- Age: 15-18 years old current high school student
- Non US citizen
- Good internet connection
- Latest Google, Firefox version