Dean of Students
Student Emergency Fund
The University Foundation has created an Emergency Fund to assist current degree-seeking students who are experiencing an unexpected financial hardship resulting from an emergency. One request per student may be granted from this fund and funds do not need to be repaid. Funds are provided only when there is funding available and are generally awarded in amounts between $25 and $500.
Expenses may include but are not limited to unexpected medical costs (medications and other costs related to medical care), safety needs (e.g. changing locks), replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft or natural disaster, and/or relocation expenses, and travel costs related to death or illness in immediate family.
Expenses may NOT include tuition and fees, parking tickets or other fines, non-essential utilities (i.e. cable television), and household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft.
Application process for the St. Cloud State Student Financial Emergency Fund:
- Student completes the application on HuskiesConnect (link below) and uploads required documentation: (letter(s)/information supporting emergency and what caused it, and invoice to be paid). If you have questions about the types of documentation that can be considered, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- A committee comprised of appropriate St. Cloud State employees will review the application materials, make a decision, and communicate through university email with the applicant. Decisions will be based on eligibility of the applicant’s specific need, supporting documentation, and availability of funds.
- Payments are made directly to vendors and outside parties (not to individual students). Complete information to facilitate a third party payment should be submitted with the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
How to apply:
- Log into HuskiesConnect
- Enter StarID and password
- Select "Forms" under the dropdown (three bars) on the upper left side of the screen
- Locate and click the Student Emergency Fund application form (can either search for it or scroll through to find it)