Community Anti-Racism Education Initiative (C.A.R.E.)
Our mission is to build a lasting anti-racist university and community.
We aim to enhance campus/community climate and promote equitable outcomes with the following actions:
- Examine, critique, and challenge the unequal distribution of power and privilege at SCSU and within the local community through education, connection, and artistic expression.
- Build and sustain a culturally fluent educational system.
- Promote and preserve culturally respectful living and working environments that value the intersectional richness of each group in an antiracist community.
- Distinguish multicultural awareness, competency, and antiracist frameworks.
- Provide strategies and training that recognize intersectional ethnic/racial prejudice, discrimination, stereotypes, historical contributions, and emergent forms of liberation from these groups.
- Dismantle institutional racism and structural inequities that harm majority populations and populations of color.