Community Anti-Racism Education Initiative (C.A.R.E.)
Our mission is to build a lasting anti-racist university and community.
To enhance campus/community climate and promote equal opportunity by:
- Examining and critiquing the unequal distribution of power and privilege along racial lines in the university and community.
- Building and sustaining a culturally respectful educational system.
- Building and sustaining a culturally respectful living and working environment that respects and values the richness of every group within an anti-racist community.
- Advancing multicultural understanding and competence and
- Provide training and strategies to confront ethnic/racial prejudice and discrimination as well as institutional racism.
- Dismantling institutional racism to make the University and other organizations in the greater community multicultural and anti-racist.
- Addressing racial discrimination, prejudice, stereotypes and racism.
- Addressing inequalities between the majority population and populations of color.
- Promoting a welcoming environment for all races.