The MnSCU system office has engaged in a project to provide a system-wide username and password, called StarID. At St. Cloud State University, the intention of StarID is to replace the SCSU ID/Tech ID and HuskyNetID as a login username.
- Reduce the number of usernames and passwords users must maintain and remember for SCSU and MnSCU systems and services. This should enhance security, reduce complexity and confusion.
- Provide enriched and user-focused services and ensure new and existing students, faculty, and staff are able to access SCSU and MnSCU resources with ease.
- Ensure students, faculty, and staff who participate at multiple MnSCU institutions will be able to use a common username and password.
- Activate: Use the StarID Self Service site to activate your StarID, reset your StarID password, retrieve a forgotten StarID, and access other account maintenance tools.
NOTE: The activation portion of the MnSCU StarID site DOES NOT WORK with Internet Explorer 11. We recommend using Internet Explorer 10 (or earlier), Firefox or Safari when activating your StarID.
- StarID: A StarID will contain 2 letters, 4 numbers, and 2 more letters (e.g. “ab1234cd” or “qm8762bg”).
- Email: Current faculty and staff email addresses will not be changing.
- TechID and HuskyNetID will no longer be used as a username (you will be using your StarID). TechID will still exist as an identification number within system records.
Beginning March 7th at 5:00pm
St. Cloud State University will begin the StarID conversion process on March 7th at 5:00pm. Conversion will continue throughout spring break (March 8-16, 2014)
Access to all university services including D2L and Email will require StarID.
All faculty, staff, and students who log in to a university-owned computer using their HuskyNetID today will need to log in using StarID.
HuskyNet accounts will be migrated to StarID for all personal accounts.
- Computers and devices will need to be reconfigured to accept login with the StarID instead of the HuskyNetID. Steps to configure your devices.
More StarID information and support can be found here: http://its.mnscu.edu/iam/support/
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact HuskyTech (email@example.com or 320-308-7000).