The MnSCU system office has engaged in a project to provide a system-wide username and password, called StarID. At St. Cloud State University, the intention of StarID is to replace the SCSU ID/Tech ID and HuskyNetID as a login username.
- Reduce the number of usernames and passwords users must maintain and remember for SCSU and MnSCU systems and services. This should enhance security, reduce complexity and confusion.
- Provide enriched and user-focused services and ensure new and existing students, faculty, and staff are able to access SCSU and MnSCU resources with ease.
- Ensure students, faculty, and staff who participate at multiple MnSCU institutions will be able to use a common username and password.
In order to access St. Cloud State University Online Services, all students, faculty and staff must activate their StarID.
To activate your StarID you will need:
Your TechID or the personal email address that you provided to St. Cloud State.
- Activate: Use the StarID Self Service site to activate your StarID, reset your StarID password, retrieve a forgotten StarID, and access other account maintenance tools.
NOTE: The activation portion of the MnSCU StarID site DOES NOT WORK with Internet Explorer 11. We recommend using Internet Explorer 10 (or earlier), Firefox or Safari when activating your StarID.
- StarID: A StarID will contain 2 letters, 4 numbers, and 2 more letters (e.g. “ab1234cd” or “qm8762bg”).
- Email: Current faculty and staff email addresses will not be changing.
- TechID and HuskyNetID will no longer be used as a username (you will be using your StarID). TechID will still exist as an identification number within system records.
More StarID information and support can be found here: http://its.mnscu.edu/iam/support/
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact HuskyTech (firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-308-7000).