Students who choose a religious studies minor investigate religions' views of the meaning and purpose of human existence; the nature of ultimate reality and the nature and foundation for all that is worthwhile in our lives. You'll study religious beliefs, practices and doctrines to seek an understanding of the past and present state of cultures and how they developed. Through classwork aimed at examining multiple perspectives, you'll explore religion through history, music, literature and philosophy.
- Interdisciplinary coursework focuses on building appreciation for human cultures and understanding humans' place in the cosmos.
- Campus encourages and supports a multitude of viewpoints and a global perspective through courses, community service opportunities and campus activities.
- Jewish Studies is part of Religious Studies
- Religious Studies and Jewish Studies provide several courses that fulfill requirements in the Liberal Education Program.
- Students who earn a minor in religious studies may pursue theology or religion graduate studies or pursue seminary or other ministerial training.
- A diverse group of more than 200 students, most based at St. Cloud State University, performed "To Be Certain of the Dawn," a healing oratorio in commemoration of Holocaust victims in Natzweiler-Struthof, a former Nazi concentration camp in France.
University Facts & Stats
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 30,000 meals provided at St. Cloud area K-8 learning sites in 2013 through Feeding Our Future
- 1,100+ international students
- 2012 Diversity and Equity Award winner
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- Religious leader