As a criminal justice student at St. Cloud State, you'll learn how society deals with crime and other forms of injustice and victimization – and how to prevent it. The Criminal Justice Studies program emphasizes the parallels of law enforcement, courts, corrections, juvenile justice, private security and various service agencies. Our professional peace officer education program is certified as a provider of the academic law enforcement-licensing core by the Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training Board.
- Small classes, individual attention and close student-faculty interaction and mentorships.
- All required courses for the bachelor's and master's degrees in criminal justice are available online.
- Students are eligible to participate in more than a dozen Education Abroad programs, including England, Germany, Australia and South Africa.
- St. Cloud State's criminal justice program has articulation agreements with Alexandria Technical College and Central Lakes College.
- 40 percent of St. Cloud Police Department officers are criminal justice alumni
- More than 250 regional law enforcement managers have completed the F.B.I. Law Enforcement Executive Development Seminar (LEEDS) course hosted annually at St. Cloud State.
- More than 375 graduates with master's degrees in criminal justice; 113 with master's degrees in public safety executive leadership.
- FBI National Academy partnership offers St. Cloud State degrees to academy graduates.
- Notable alumna: Keesha Gaskins '96 is director for the Democratic Practice-United States program at the Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
University Facts & Stats
- 1,538 enrolled in online criminal justice courses in 2015-16
- Average classroom size: 26 students
- More than 120 undergraduate internship sites in Minnesota
- 1,100+ international students
- Average class size: 23 students
- Security/risk management
- Local, county and state law enforcement
- FBI/Secret Service agent
- Border Patrol/Immigration & Customs enforcement
- Youth/probation counselor
- Juvenile system advocate
- U.S. marshal