Admission to the Master of Science Graduate Programs in Technology Education
An applicant for admission to the Master of Science degree in Technology Education must meet the following requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- An acceptable score on the Graduate Record Examination and/or acceptable undergraduate scholarship.
In some cases, it may be necessary for the applicant to complete some prerequisite undergraduate work even though the student may have an undergraduate major or minor in the area of study.
At least one-half of the Master of Science degree program must be earned in courses in which enrollment is limited to graduate students (600 level).
This program is designed for both full-time and part-time students. Graduate students should expect to complete a majority of their course load in evening and online classes, however some classes, especially electives, will be only offered on campus during the day. For those applicants wishing to complete the technology education track, the program in itself will not provide licensure for secondary school technology education teaching.
How do I Apply?
Application materials are available from the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the School of Graduate Studies are referred to the appropriate graduate department for their recommendation.
Departmental recommendation is based on, but not limited to, the following requirements.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of a 2.75 grade point average over the last two years of undergraduate education.
- Acceptable reference recommendations.
For all international applicants, St. Cloud State University requires that one of the following language admission requirements also be met:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 79 Internet-based with no subscore below 17.
- A score of 80 on the Michigan Placement Test with a cover letter from the testing institution.
- A score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Graduation from a university in the United States with a 2.75 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Successful completion of the Intensive English Center Level 5 program at SCSU with a letter from the IEC director confirming that the student is ready to do graduate-level academic work. Access the Intensive English Center at www.stcloudstate.edu/iec.