Veterans Resource Center
Veterans Living Community
The Veterans Living Community provides a living experience that fosters academic, professional and personal success for military-connected students.
- Note: The Veterans Living Community offering is currently on hold until further notice. For more information, please submit your contact information below and we’ll follow up with you – thanks!
Members of the Veterans Living Community can . . .
- Expand their network by interacting with other military students
- Meet and live with returning and first-year military students
- Receive assistance transitioning to college life
- Develop leadership skills by joining the Student Veterans Organization
- Enjoy a quiet study environment
- Support and participate in campus activities, programs and events
- Pursue scholarships
- Have veteran, service member, or dependent status as defined by St. Cloud State to provide for an inclusive community with varied life experiences
- Complete a residential application for the academic year
- First-year students will attend a short monthly meeting with the Director of the Veterans Resource Center during their first semester
- Help plan and participate in community activities and events
- Receive support from individuals and mentors who understand what others in the community have experienced
- Engage in leadership opportunities and develop community standards that improve the Veterans Living Community
- This was the first time I have been to school since leaving the military. Living around military and other veterans make the transition out of the military very easy and smooth. Veterans Living Community (VLC) offers some of the nicest living conditions that you can get in St Cloud, and it beats the barracks any day. -- Andy Stoesz, Student Veteran
Starting college was an interesting and stressful time for me. Dealing with issues such as trying to find a place to live or worrying about furniture was very stressful. I’m glad, however, that I found Veterans Living Community (VLC). I was able to locate a furnished housing option in a great location with fantastic amenities without having to drive around or browse Craigslist. Not having to worry about finding a place to live or worry about purchasing furniture, allowed me to focus on the important things like preparing for college and making new friends. -- Thomas Del Mastro, Student Veteran
Want to join Veterans Living Community?
Submit this form to request more information regarding the Veterans Living Community.