Student Support Services
Student Support Services are offered to the participants of the TRIO program to enhance their potential for successfully completing their post-secondary educational program.
Who Is Eligible?
First Generation Students
A first generation student is a student who parents have not graduated with a Bachelor's degree from a USA accredited college or university.
Students from Low Income Families
Income is based on individual/family taxable income.
Students with a Documented Disability
An individual who has a documented disability.
To be eligible, you only need to meet one of these eligibility requirements at the time you apply . Once your application is reviewed and you are accepted you are eligible to receive services for up to six (6) years.
What We Offer
- Priority registration and academic advising
- One-to-one tutoring in most subjects
- Career & Graduate School Prep
- Admissions Letters of Recommendation
- Strategies in Reading & Writing
- Study Skills
- Math Study Strategies
- Financial aid counseling
- Financial literacy workshops
- Graduate school waivers
- Letters of Recommendation for grant and scholarship opportunities
- Scholarship and grant research
- Career exploration and workshops
- Employment Letters of Recommendation
- Academic advising resourcesADA referrals
- Cultural enrichment activities and referrals
- Self-advocacy skill development
- Intervention and advocacy
- College success workshops
All services are free of charge to program participants.
Director of TRIO | Student Support Services