In order to be eligible for the poster or paper presentation competitions at the Student Research Colloquium (SRC), students need to "opt in" through the electronic registration system by the March 1 deadline.
Judging process - Step #1
- Formal papers must be submitted to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date in electronic form via email.
- Papers should include:
- Title page with project title, sponsor name(s) and student name(s)
- Narrative of 4 - 8 pages (min. 1,000 - max. 2,000 words) in length
- 1" margins, double spaced, 11-12 pt. font and easy to read
- Papers will be evaluated on their content. Please refer to the Writing the Paper Guidelines for more information.
- Students will be notified of the outcomes and whether or not their paper was selected to move on in the competition.
- Those not selected to move on may still present at the Colloquium in a non-competitive mode.
Judging process - Step #2
- If your paper is selected to move on in the competition, you will then present your paper at the Student Research Colloquium.
- Paper presentation judging will vary depending upon the specific category criteria: Scientific, Applied, or Humanities.
- Announcement of the winners is made during the Awards Ceremony at the end of the day. Students should plan to attend the ceremony along with their faculty sponsor(s).