Welcome to the School of Health and Human Services!
Here in the School of Heath and Human Services (SHHS) our mission is to prepare our students to be leaders, scholars and professionals in promoting and providing lifelong optimal health and wellness. Both St. Cloud State and SHHS offer many resources for students to aid in their success.
School of Health and Human Services Student Professional Development Funds
The School of Health and Human Services encourages projects and activities that will enhance School and/or Department initiatives and strategic goals through research, scholarship, and professional development.
Funding will be awarded to enrolled SHHS students applicants to offset expenses associated with activities such as attending professional conferences, presenting research, developing community action projects, etc. Priority consideration will be given to students who have not previously been granted funding from the Dean’s Office.
Guidelines for funding consideration:
- An Individual application may be submitted for a maximum of $400. A Group application may be requested for a maximum of $400 per person.
- Requests must be submitted prior to the project or event start.
- The primary fund distribution method is by expense reimbursement. Some expenses may be eligible for direct/up-front payment when coordinated by the Dean’s Office.
- All St. Cloud State and State of Minnesota policies and procedures will be followed. Student recipients will be required to create a State Vendor ID to be eligible to receive reimbursements.
- The decision of the Dean is final.
- A reflection summary paper regarding the impact of the award shall be submitted prior to the final fund distribution.
- Award recipients acknowledge their name and project details may be published.
- Award recipients must meet all obligations and submit required documents prior to June 15, 2021 or risk forfeit of funding.
Applications for Fall Semester 2021 and Spring Semester 2022 awards are due no later than June 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received, while funds are available.
- Complete this Funding APPLICATION (page 2 and 3 only). Signatures of all individuals involved are required.
- Submit complete applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline identified above.
- Applicants will be notified of award decisions via email. The Project Lead will be notified in the case of Group Project
- A list of approved projects, awards, and recipients will be distributed to the SHHS community.
Do you have questions? Contact Jill Snippen at email@example.com or 320-308-4235.
Rochelle Ament is the pre-nursing adviser. For pre-nursing advising, please schedule an appointment with Rochelle by calling the Department of Nursing at 320-308-1749.
- Advisers will guide you through your time at the University. To see your assigned adviser, use the Advisor Lookup tool on Advising & Student Transitions' website.
- You can change your intended major online through the Advising Center.
- Degree Map's are available to see what a typical four year plan looks like.
- Check out your major’s admission requirements and a four-year degree completion map by visiting the online University Catalog.
- Transferring to St. Cloud State? Click here for information on transferring into the School of Health and Human Services from a different college or university.
St. Cloud State has many offices and programs to support you academically and personally. Check out the academic and student support services we offer.
If you have experienced sexual assault, rape, dating/relationship violence, sexual harassment or stalking, learn about reporting options and other resources available to you.
Students who have academic concerns should refer to the Academic Policies and Forms section on the Office of the Provost/Academic Affairs webpage.