Department of Residential Life

Services and Assistance


Housing accommodations

Students seeking housing accommodations for disability-related needs should have their health care provider or other licensed professional complete the Health Care for Student Requesting Housing Accommodation Form (PDF).

Submit the form to Student Accessibility Services (SAS). A staff member will contact the student to set up a meeting. Room options include:

  • Single room
  • ADA-accessible room

Emotional support animal

Have your licensed provider submit the ESA Form (PDF) to the Student Accessibility Services office. A staff member will contact the student to set up a meeting.

Cable TV

Extended-basic digital cable is provided in most of the main TV lounge areas and also in student rooms. View the channel listing (PDF) of more than 115 channels. Students need to bring their own coaxial cable cord.


Carts and dollies

Residents can check-out four-wheel carts and two-wheel dollies with a student ID.

Computers and computer labs

Learn about ResNet, your network access to Internet and campus technology, such as printers and software. Internet problems can be reported to HuskyTech at and 320-308-4762. Alternatively, use the online request button on this page.

Around-the-clock computer labs are located in most of residence communities, typically with card-swipe access and video surveillance.

Cooking facilities

Each residential community has kitchen facilities and microwave ovens. Some have a kitchen on every floor. Others have one central kitchen with microwaves on each floor. Some cooking ware is available for check-out at the front desk. Students must stay in the kitchen while cooking their food to prevent any potential fire risks.

Keys and key-ins

Report lost keys and fobs to your residential community director. 

There is a $25 fee for a replacement room key, a $10 fee for a replacement key to the community's main entrance and $3 fee for a mailbox key. Stateview bedroom keys are $10. A roommate room key will be replaced free-of-charge. Once new keys and fobs are assigned, there are no refunds.

Locked out of a residence? Present identification and a staff member will open your room. A verbal/written warning is issued for the first instance. The student's account is billed $10 for the second instance. In all succeeding instances $25 will be billed to the student.

Laundry facilities

At no additional cost, laundry facilities are provided in all residential communities. Report equipment problems (PDF) to CSC Service Works, our provider, using the six-digit number on the washer or dryer.

Use our new Laundry Alert monitoring service to see if machines are in use and how much time is left.

Linen program

Consider ordering linens through our partner provider, Residence Hall Linens.


Each room/suite/apartment has a key-operated mailbox. In accordance with postal service guidelines, mail may not be handed out at the main desk. When packages arrive, notices are placed in mailboxes. Pick-up your packages at the main desk with a picture ID, during posted hours.

Reception desks

Most of the residence halls have a main reception desk which is open during the daytime hours. These desks aid with service and information for each residential community. Students can check out vacuum cleaners, sports equipment, and games. The remaining reception desks will have posted hours of operation and a contact phone number when the desks are closed.

Maintenance and repairs

Maintenance staff in residential community make repairs and perform scheduled cleaning and maintenance work. Inform a staff member about maintenance needs, including light bulbs and smoke detector batteries. Alternatively, use the online request button on this page.

Outdoor recreation

*Due to Covid 19, the recreational courts around the residence halls will be closed during the 2020-21 academic year. Students will be encouraged to play down in Rec Sports down in Halenbeck Hall. This will allow for better physical distancing and staff to ensure safety precautions are adhered to.

  • Sand volleyball court behind Mitchell Hall
  • Sand volleyball and basketball courts behind Case-Hill Hall
  • Volleyball court next to north Shoemaker Hall
  • Gazebo in the courtyard near Stearns Hall
  • Outdoor patio area with grills by Stateview Apartments


Learn about parking options at Contact the Public Safety Department at 320-308-3333. View the campus parking map.

Renting refrigerators and lofts

Small refrigerators and micro-fridges are available for rent. Look for rental information following room assignments. The refrigerators have a capacity of 3.6 cubic feet. The micro-fridges are a combination refrigerator, freezer and microwave.

To maximize available room space, consider raising beds off the floor with rented lofts. Information about loft rental will be distributed following room assignments. Learn more at


Public Safety officers and residential community staff provide assistance 24 hours a day. Specific safety measures include:

  • Rooms are equipped with peepholes
  • Common area bathrooms have security locks
  • Residential community entry doors are locked at 7 p.m.
  • During the hours from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m., residents must use card access entry, or entrance key/fob.
  • Community advisers make evening rounds in the building.

Learn about Public Safety services, including vehicle assistance and safety escorts.

Vending machines

For your convenience, vending machines and ice machines accept cash and the Campus Card.

Report money lost in machines by filling-out a refund envelope at the main desk. Our third-party provider will put the refund in your mailbox.

Moving Out Information

Students must completely clean their room before turning in keys. They must return rented furniture and appliances. Learn more about the steps for moving out.