Public Safety Department
Effective January 1, 1996, Minnesota State Law requires that all candidates applying for initial licensure (for education or work) be finger printed for national criminal background checks. The background check requires that one fingerprint card be submitted with the initial licensure application. A state background check will also be conducted.
Fingerprinting must be completed on the card supplied by the MN Dept. of Education. To request a fingerprint card contact email@example.com.
- Reasons for getting fingerprinted?
- Education Abroad
- Teaching Licensure
- On-campus Employment
- Who should do the fingerprints?
Public Safety Official or peace officer.
- Why is it important?
Fulfills the obligation for back ground check verification.
- Where can you do the fingerprints?
Public Safety Center
- Call 320-308-3333 to Schedule an Appointment
- Things to bring for the appointment?
- Bring the blue educational fingerprint card (if applying for the purpose of studying abroad this card is not required).
- Picture ID/ military ID/ passport or driver’s license
For more information on the fingerprinting requirements for the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, please check the below link