Public Safety Department
Filing a Report
Steps for reporting a crime:
- Call 911 in an emergency or if the crime is in progress. An emergency involves danger to a person’s safety or property. Ask for a law enforcement agency. In St. Cloud, the call will usually be connected to the Stearns County Dispatch Center.
- If the crime is in-progress, call 9-1-1.
- If the crime has already occurred and an officer is needed to respond, call 9-1-1 or 320-251-1200 to report it to the Stearns County Dispatch Center.
- If the crime has already been committed and an officer is not needed to respond, or if a report is needed for documentation purposes only, call the St. Cloud Police Department Front Desk at 320-345-4444 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Call Public Safety at 320-308-3333. Another option is to go to the Public Safety Department to report the inappropriate conduct and/or criminal activity in person. Public Safety cannot hold reports of crime in confidence.