Public Safety Department
The Public Safety Department employs approximately 55 students as officers, dispatchers, and customer service representatives. We are always accepting applications! However, we typically conduct interviews near the end of the semester in preparation for hiring next semester’s student employees. The Public Safety Department is looking for individuals who:
- Are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at SCSU
- (International Students check with CIS for work requirements)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.25
- Have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive state vehicles
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Are able to commit an average of 16 hours per week to work.
- Are flexible!! This department operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year!
- Are outgoing and willing to meet new people.