Students who choose the pre-law program will connect early with the university's Pre-Law Advising Program. You'll have the opportunity to connect with a pre-law adviser who is a professor and an attorney. This mentorship will help you improve your chances in the highly competitive law school admissions process.
Watch: "So you want to go to law school" an April 6, 2022 info session
- Outreach opportunities offered by pre-law adviser Professor John Baker, J.D.
- 3+3 agreements with Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Drake Law School, and University of St. Thomas School of Law.
- Regular seminars on law school and legal careers, preparation for law school application, and Law School Admission Test (LSAT) preparation and testing.
- Participation in the annual fall Law School Forum in Chicago and Midwest Law School Caravan, which connects students to hundreds of law school representatives who answer questions about their programs.
- Undergraduate Pre-Law Society creates opportunity to demonstrate leadership and community outreach.
- Pre-law scholarships are available through the Financial Aid Office and various academic departments.
- View upcoming events and important announcements on HuskiesConnect Pre-law page.
- Acceptance rate for graduating seniors has averaged 85% since 2009, with most students receiving multiple admission offers and generous financial aid.
- Graduates accepted to dozens of schools, including the four premiere Minnesota law schools as well as Harvard, Cornell, Berkeley, Duke, Michigan, NYU and Virginia.
- Notable alumni:
- Benneth Sheeley '11 was named to the Top 40 Under 40 Black Lawyers in California list in 2020. He is a member of the Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP firm's Entertainment and Digital Media Practice Group in Los Angeles.
- Hao Nguyen '05 is an assistant city prosecutor for the City of St. Cloud and worked as a police officer and deputy before earn a law degree at Hamline University in St. Paul.
- Tiffany Reiter '97 is an associate in the Boston office of Fish & Richardson, an intellectual property and patent litigation firm with offices in the U.S. and Germany.
- Lawyer and activist Keesha Gaskins '96 is senior counsel for the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice, New York University School of Law, New York City.
- Government positions
- Corporate attorney
- Health care administrator
- Public defender
- Nonprofit administrator
Connect With Us
School of Public Affairs (facebook)
School of Public Affairs (linkedin)
School of Public Affairs (youtube)
School of Public Affairs (instagram)