ALLOW 2-3 WEEKS FOR THE EXEMPT OR EXPEDITED REVIEW PROCESS
When submitting an IRB protocol (deliver to Research and Sponsored Programs, AS 210), be sure it is a complete packet, which includes all necessary documents listed:
- Complete IRB Training
- Complete IRB Protocol (use this current version)
- Must be signed by researcher and advisor/course instructor, if applicable
- Data Collection Instruments (surveys, interview questions, demographic questions, handouts, etc.)
- Consent Form(s)
- If applicable, Letter of Cooperation/Support for Participant Recruitment
- If applicable, debriefing statement for participants
Existing Data Only Application includes:
- IRB Training Completed
- Completed Use of Existing Data Involving Human Subjects Protocol
- This protocol is used when the only data you are going to be working with already exists. No new collection of data to occur. Allow sufficient time for IRB review.
- Written Support - Question 4
IRB Reviewer Checklist
All protocols will be reviewed according to the Reviewer Checklist.